Sr. Interior Designer & Project Manager – Residential
Britt Design Group, an award winning interior design firm based in Austin, TX is seeking candidates for senior level design roles in our high end residential design studio.
Recently voted a Best Place for Working Parents ™ in Austin, Britt Design Group offers an upbeat, team oriented, high performance environment. We have a “can-do” attitude with a focus on attention to detail, organization and communication. We also value flexibility, embrace diversity in daily routine and an openness to changing priorities. As a core business principle, Britt Design Group is focused on occupant wellness and sustainable design.
We are looking for demonstrated senior level design skills in leading and managing high-end residential projects including single-family new construction, whole house remodels and luxury condominium finish out. Candidates must be strong at multitasking, organized, energetic, eager to learn and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The Sr. Interior Designer will take high level design direction from the Principal and then complete all aspects of design development, product selections, meeting preparation and technical drawings for their assigned projects. In addition, this role will be engaged in project management which entails providing leadership and guidance on to more junior staff, coordinating schedules with internal team members and external consultants and collaborators, and acting as the primary point of contact for client communication.
Must be adaptable and able to successfully function with lots of balls in the air!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture;
(CIDA Accredited Program Preferred)
- Minimum 7 years Interior Design / Project Management experience.
- Ability and desire to collaborate with industry partners and provide day-to-day guidance to more junior staff.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit baseline capability preferred.
- Construction Drawings and Material Specifications proficiency
- Construction Administration knowledge and experience
- Extensive FF&E knowledge and specification experience in luxury and high end residential market
- NCIDQ certified (preferred or on track for certification)
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate design professional
Additional Preferred Skills:
- SketchUp and Photoshop
- Sustainable design knowledge/previous experience including WELL Building principles
Britt Design group offers a competitive base salary, twice-yearly bonus program, health insurance, disability insurance, paid-time off and a 401K retirement plan with company match. We value flexibility in work mobility including hybrid work from home options as well as regular engagement in our brand new WELL designed Burnet Road office. We welcome and encourage all applicants.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org